lpcware

SPIFI Flash - Boot from reset problem.

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NickAtKandevsys on Thu Feb 13 12:06:55 MST 2014
I'm using an LPC1830 part with a supported SPIFI flash chip.

I can download the code into SPIFI flash and run it under the JTAG debugger just fine. I can see the program counter is in the SPIFI flash address range and I can see the flash being accessed on a scope.

However, when I remove the jtag debugger and try and get the board to boot directly into the code it gets stuck in the boot loader (based on the program counter). I have the boot links set to boot from SPIFI and I am not forcing the Bootloader into ISP board.

I do see a brief burst of activity on the SPIFI flash and then it goes quiet. The code then seems to be stuck in a loop polling some flag in low memory 0x10080004 which it never gets out of.

Is there some "magic" needed to make this work? I presume the issue is with the boot loader as the code works fine if I use the JTAG debuggger to run the code directly, thereby skipping the boot loader. There is reference to an image header but it also says this is optional - I dont have one.

Any suggestions how to fix this or debug it further would be gratefully received as I'm currently dead in the water.

Thanks
Nick

Outcomes