cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

board,c and chip.s files for NGX lpc1857 header board,

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Tue Feb 18 17:11:51 MST 2014
Does anyone know where I can find board.c and chip.c files for for the NGX Xplorer lpc1857 header board?

Thanks,

Dave Sidlauskas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Fri Feb 27 11:55:03 MST 2015
It's not easy to get at as it's not brought out to a header pin. I was able to pick it up on the SDRAM chip, but this takes a sharp eye and a steady hand with the soldering iron. Check the board schematic.

On the other hand, It's not clear to me that this really needs to be pulled up. I have used other NGX boards without a pull-up with no problem. I've read conflicting advice on this topic.

Good Luck
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Fri Feb 27 04:11:27 MST 2015
HI David Sidlauskas,

Great that you found about P2_7 boot control Pin. Can you please share where exactly it is located on LPC1857 board, in their schematic nowhere it shows. Please guide me how you found it? or the place where you found it.

Thank you.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Sun Mar 09 08:45:57 MST 2014
The file SDRAM_init.c in the 1857 Xplorer distribution got the SDRAM working for me. A couple of cautions:

1. P2_7 is a boot control pin. It is left floating on the NGX Xplorer. I had to add a 10K pullup to get this board to boot reliably where I wanted it to.

2. The 4 boot source select switches share 4 SDRAM address lines. These switches have to be off for the SDRAM to work properly.

Good luck.

Dave

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Robermeyer on Sat Mar 08 22:19:03 MST 2014
Dave,  did you ever find the chip and board files for the lpc1857 xplorer?
i have the lpc4357 xplorer with same problem.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Wed Feb 19 12:34:25 MST 2014
Thanks for the link, but those chip and board files only cover the LPC1830. They do not have the SDRAM initialization for the RAM that is on the LPC1857 Xplorer.

Dave
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by embd02161991 on Wed Feb 19 00:04:50 MST 2014
Hi David,

You can find the board.c and chip.c files for the NGX explorer board for LPC18xx from the LPC Open software platform.

Please visit the following link :
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc18xx-packages-0

Thanks,
NXP Technical Support
0 Kudos