Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD flickering issue

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Noufal on Mon Sep 21 11:44:22 MST 2015
Hi, I'm new to LPC controllers, Currently working on a 7" TFT display (480 * 800) interface with LPC1850 on Keil MDK, I'm seeing flickering issue on my display (I think slow refresh rate on display resulting the flicker ). Image is clear. I modified the qvga driver and updated the lcd parameters. Currently I have bypassed the  pixel clock divider in POL register.  I'm suspecting the clock, Need to know how  to update LCD Dot Clock Frequency in 18xx.

Currently my BASE_LCD_CLK is IDIVE which around 5.6Mhz. My display dot clock is 30Mhz.  If i want to update the dot clock  to 30Mhz do i have update the IDIVE ? If yes how to update Idive
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Thu Sep 24 10:39:00 MST 2015
Hi Noufal,
Dot clock can be derived from  either from external clock coming from LCDCLKIN(GP_CLKIN in UM) pin or from BASE_LCD_CLK. In your case you are using BASE_LCD_CLK. You can set divider according to your requirement of vertical sync frequency.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Noufal on Tue Sep 22 06:23:44 MST 2015
I was able to update to update the IDIVE to 30MHz by updating the IDIVE_IDIV and that fixed the issue, Still not sure BASE_LCD_CLK drive the dot clock
0 Kudos