cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO DMA Again

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Tue Apr 01 18:11:00 MST 2014
I need some help, please.

I have read in the manual and a number of other places that the DMA controller must be programmed for memory to memory transfers to DMA from/to GPIO.
However, in the code for NXP's app note AN11365 the DMA  channel configuration is set for peripheral to memory to do GPIO to memory transfers

Here's NXP's code::
s_ccb.pCHN->CONFIG = | XferDoneIrqEn | 0UL<<0  | YACB_SCTDMAPERIPNUM<<1 | 0UL<<6 | 2UL<<11 | 1UL<<15;
the 2UL<<11 bits are what's setting up the p>m transfer, and is documented as such in the codes comments.

Can someone please clarify this for me, please.

What I'm trying to do use Timer3 Capture 1 to trigger a DMA request which would result in a DMA transfer from GPIO to memory.
Timer 3 is set as a counter and  set to reset and toggle it's match bit on a match. The match value is a 1.
DMA is configured for m>m, with source address = GPIO port address and destination of external RAM.
LPC->CREG = 3 sets the DMA request from T3C1 to peripheral 0.
The DMA channel reg is configured for peripheral 0 as it's source.

So whats my problem?

Well, when I run it it DMA's from GPIO to memory just fine. However, it completely ignores the DMA requests from Timer3 and completes the full DMA in about 1/10th of the time it should, so I assume it's running on it's internal clock for DMA requests.

I appreciate any help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kaiyuewang
Contributor I

Hello, I am just trying to do the same thing as you in the LPC54114 board.  My DMA can work with the trigger of Timer3 only when my frequency is less than 3MHz, Have you figured it out? 

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by xianghuiwang on Thu Apr 17 16:55:58 MST 2014
Hi, David,
Can you try to use p>m for your Timer3 Capture 1 triggered DMA?
We will double check the accuracy of our documentation in this regard.
Thanks,.
0 Kudos