Data packet acknowledgement (MAC code base)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data packet acknowledgement (MAC code base)

phlp
Contributor III
Hi all,

I would like to switch message confirmation off (i.e. the recipient does not have to acknowledge the received message/packet). I've set mpPacket->msgData.dataReq.txOptions = 0 but messages are still being acknowledged. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Philip
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

竹隐杨
Contributor I

hi everyone:

my zigbee happen data lost ,can you help me ?

0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Phillip,

By removing "gTxOptsAck_c" from the txOptions you will NOT get any over the air acknowlegdements.

But you will still receive a mcps-data.confirm saying that the packet was succesfully transmitted.

Without a protocol analyzer to see the over the air data you will not see any difference.

Br,
Mads
0 Kudos

phlp
Contributor III
Thanks for the info Mads. One more question: I'm transmitting real-time sensor data over a Zigbee star network at about 20 Hz per sensor. Due to the real-time nature lost  packets do not have to be retransmitted. Can you make suggestions to optimise the network for performance? My problem is that the coordinator is being overwelmed by the amout of data from the end-devices (sensors) and consequently the coordinator does not have time to scan for new sensors after a few of the sensors has connected.

Philip
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Phillip.

I can only suggest that you send your data less frequent. 802.15.4 does not allow you to send too much data. It is a 250 physical link. which allow you around 115Kbit theoretically.

you are properly on the limit.

other than that, do not transmit the data over the uart all the time as this also steals alot of CPU bandwidth.

Br,
Mads
0 Kudos

phlp
Contributor III
Thanks Mads. I'll look more closely at the UART issue.

Philip
0 Kudos