lpc1837 SWD-download data to SPIFI (IAR EWARM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc1837 SWD-download data to SPIFI (IAR EWARM)

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Dill on Tue Sep 02 02:09:24 MST 2014

on the flashless parts this just works, what do I have to do on parts with internal flash?

I create a section in the linker and tehn put a variable there. But the memory is not filled on download.
I think I have to use a macro file to do the SPIFI setup, but I can't get it to work. Is there any running example how to do this?

// in the linker script
define symbol __region_SPIFI_start__  = 0x14000000;
place at address mem:__region_SPIFI_start__ { section spifi_data_section };

// in the .c file
static const __root uint8_t spifi_var[256] @ "spifi_data_section" = {1, 2, 3};
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Tue Sep 09 02:42:09 MST 2014
The flash parts and the flashless parts should behave the same way with regards to the usage of the SPIFI.
Whether you want to place something into the SPI flash or whether you want to run from the SPI flash, it's the same mechanism in both versions.
Also for programming there is no difference.
There are differences in the bootcode: if you have valid program in the internal flash, then the chip will start from there, even if the bootmode pins are set to execute from SPIFI. Ether you erase the flash or you use the ISP pin to enter the selection of the current bootmode ignoring the flash content.

There are for sure IAR examples for the flash version putting all instructions and const data into the SPIFI, please check our LPCOpen software package for such examples.

Regards,
NXP Support Team
0 Kudos