Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Programming NXP LPC1857

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by g.seidl on Wed Jul 25 01:54:09 MST 2012
We want to program the internal Flash of an NXP LPC1857 by using the integrated IAR Flash loader.
After starting the download of the program there appears a message box "Programming flash memory".
This message box contains also a progress bar. The progress bar is all the time empty. There is no
progress and the message box never terminates. The internal flash is not programmed. We are using
IAR EWARM 6.40. Does anybody have experience with programming the internal Flash of an LPC1857 ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by g.seidl on Mon Sep 10 06:41:33 MST 2012
Hello fcarlo,

we received the attached file from the IAR support. I'm not shure if this is the final offical version.
But for test reasons it works.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fcarlo on Thu Sep 06 08:59:50 MST 2012
Hi Georg,
we also have bought recently the latest version of IAR.
The file you posted was sent to you from the IAR support? I'm asking that because we are waiting for the samples of LPC1857 in order to be able to assemble our first prototypes, so I can't do the in-field test.
I am wondering if there are already known issues with the compiler that need an update from IAR.
Thanks!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by g.seidl on Mon Sep 03 01:38:08 MST 2012
Thank you all for your support.
In the meantime we find out that there is a bug in LPC1857 loader in the IAR EWARM Version 6.40.
Here is the update from IAR.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Cusko on Fri Aug 31 07:42:05 MST 2012
delete
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Cusko on Fri Aug 31 07:39:31 MST 2012
I wrote Keil about this and they said:

Your boot problem is probably causes by not existing correct vector checksum. As the
flashloader is universal for BANK A and B and booting from both banks, it is not known for the
flashloader, where it should add the checksum. So we do this with an additional user command.

So in the Keil uvision you solve this with an user command for BANK A :  $K\ARM\BIN\ELFDWT.EXE !L BASEADDRESS(0x1A000000)
You type this command under "User" -> "Run User Programs After Build/Rebuild" -> "Run#1:"
It works for me.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Cusko on Wed Aug 29 05:51:55 MST 2012
I have also problem with internal flash on the LPC1857. I am using Keil uvision for programming. I can normally load program into the internal flash (0x1A000000), but program won't run. Program runs normally from a SPIFI memory otherwise. And of course I changed the boot pins.
Is there any example?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by chuckp on Thu Aug 02 12:51:54 MST 2012
I use an LPC1830 without internal ROM, but I use an IAR j-link pod to program the SPIFI ROM attached.  I also have an IAR I-jet, but so far it is unable to program the ROM in my system.  But I get verify errors, not an infinite bar.  Just noting that the pod can make a difference.
0 Kudos