cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen problem

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tridentsx on Wed Dec 26 15:55:11 MST 2012

I am trying to get the FREERtos + LWIP example from OpenLPC v0.51 running on a LPC1830-xplorer board using LPC-Link and Code Red Expresso edition v 5.14

The problem I run into is when trying to build the example I get the following errors and warnings, since I am new to this platform I don't know how to fix this.

I can't finds the file cr_freertos_startup_lpc18xx43xx.c anywhere on my file system ?, the search paths for includes also seems to be incorrect.
Shouldn't LPCOpen know the relative location to the required includes ?

Regards /// Carl

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Users\software\lwip\lwip\src\include\ipv4).lwip_tcpecho_freertospathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Users\software\lwip\lwip\src\include).lwip_tcpecho_freertospathentryPath Entry Problem

make: *** No rule to make target `C:/Users/tridentsx/Documents/LPCXpresso_5.0.14_1109/workspace/startup_code_freertos/cr_freertos_startup_lpc18xx43xx.c', needed by `src/cr_freertos_startup_lpc18xx43xx.o'. C/C++ Problem

Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Users\software\lwip\contrib\apps\tcpecho).lwip_tcpecho_freertospathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Users\software\CMSIS\CMSIS\Include).lwip_tcpecho_freertospathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Users\software\freertos\freertos\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM3).lwip_tcpecho_freertospathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Users\software\freertos\freertos\Source\include).lwip_tcpecho_freertospathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Users\software\lwip\lpclwip).lwip_tcpecho_freertospathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Users\software\lwip\lwip\contrib\apps\tcpecho).lwip_tcpecho_freertospathentryPath Entry Problem

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tridentsx on Fri Dec 28 12:42:34 MST 2012

Ok I figured out that I shouldn't import the files when importing the projects the make files has relative includes and dependencies that was broken.
Now I can compile but the linking fails the linker can't find the library board_ngx_xplorer_1830? Is that the same as lib_lpc_board ?

Carl

13:31:31 **** Incremental Build of configuration spifi_ngx_xplorer_1830 for project lwip_tcpecho_freertos ****
make all
Building target: lwip_tcpecho_freertos.axf
Invoking: MCU Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -L"Y:\project\LPCOpen\LPCOpen_platform_v0.51\software\lpc_core" -Xlinker -Map="lwip_tcpecho_freertos.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -T "lwip_freertos_1830.ld" -L "Y:\project\LPCOpen\LPCOpen_platform_v0.51\applications\lpc18xx_43xx\examples\lwip\lwip_tcpecho_freertos\linkscripts" -o"lwip_tcpecho_freertos.axf"  ./src/cr_freertos_startup_lpc18xx43xx.o ./src/tcpecho.o  ./lpclwip/lpc18xx_43xx_emac.o ./lpclwip/lpc18xx_43xx_systick_arch.o ./lpclwip/lpc_debug.o ./lpclwip/sys_arch_freertos.o  ./LWIP/api_lib.o ./LWIP/api_msg.o ./LWIP/autoip.o ./LWIP/def.o ./LWIP/dhcp.o ./LWIP/dns.o ./LWIP/err.o ./LWIP/etharp.o ./LWIP/icmp.o ./LWIP/igmp.o ./LWIP/inet.o ./LWIP/inet_chksum.o ./LWIP/init.o ./LWIP/ip.o ./LWIP/ip_addr.o ./LWIP/ip_frag.o ./LWIP/mem.o ./LWIP/memp.o ./LWIP/netbuf.o ./LWIP/netdb.o ./LWIP/netif.o ./LWIP/netifapi.o ./LWIP/pbuf.o ./LWIP/raw.o ./LWIP/sockets.o ./LWIP/stats.o ./LWIP/sys.o ./LWIP/tcp.o ./LWIP/tcp_in.o ./LWIP/tcp_out.o ./LWIP/tcpip.o ./LWIP/timers.o ./LWIP/udp.o  ./FreeRTOS_18xx/port.o  ./FreeRTOS/FreeRTOSCommonHooks.o ./FreeRTOS/croutine.o ./FreeRTOS/heap_2.o ./FreeRTOS/list.o ./FreeRTOS/queue.o ./FreeRTOS/tasks.o ./FreeRTOS/timers.o  ./lwip_tcpecho_freertos.o   -lboard_ngx_xplorer_1830
c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_5.0.14_1109/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.6.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lboard_ngx_xplorer_1830
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [lwip_tcpecho_freertos.axf] Error 1

13:31:47 Build Finished (took 15s.899ms)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tridentsx on Wed Dec 26 19:34:16 MST 2012
It seems that the configuration file for the project makes assumptions for where linked resources should be located

PARENT-1-PROJECT_LOC/startup_code_freertos/cr_freertos_startup_lpc18xx43xx.c

I suspect that there are steps that is needed when installing the LPCOpen framework that isn't properly documented, for example where to put all the common includes.
The default include path after importing the projects to Code Red is /user/software ... which doesn't seem right to me.

There is also no mentioning in the installation pages on where to put those include files.

0 Kudos