Learning LPC1768, datasheet doesn't contain some info, where can i find them?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning LPC1768, datasheet doesn't contain some info, where can i find them?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kamhagh on Sun Sep 21 02:35:43 MST 2014
Hi, sorry i couldn't think of a better Subject

so i just started learning LPC1768(my board finally arrived!) i got an blinky example from their site, and edited it myself and it worked !

so now  i was going to make an interrupt on  EINT0 , the example includes this line:
LPC_PINCON->PINSEL4 = 0x00100000;

i searched internet(i googled the LPC_PINCON) and datasheet but there wasn't anything!!!

where can i learn these stuff?! datasheet only includes the registers like PINSEL0-4 and what they're (explains it very well) but doesn't tell me how i should use them!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mazaumesh on Mon Sep 21 22:45:13 MST 2015
You can read this post http://www.binaryupdates.com/gpio-in-cortex-m3-lpc1768-microcontroller/

Best Wishes.....!!!!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kamhagh on Sun Sep 21 08:41:11 MST 2014
thanks a lot i will take a look at it;)

edit: that was exactly what i wanted and helped me a lot :) thanks !!!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mch0 on Sun Sep 21 03:30:21 MST 2014
I suggest you look a little bit at the supplied chip driver sources of LPCOpen.
The usage then becomes obvious very quickly.

In this case (and this also applies to all other register blocks) LPC_PINCON is an already predefined adress that points to the base address of the register block.
It's a pointer to a structure that maps the names in the UM (like PINSEL4) to the proper offset.

Therefore LPC_PINCON->PINSEL4 takes you directly to the register of the same name.

Take one hour of looking at the headers, after that you not only know how it works but also what helper functions are already available. This can save you lots of time and also make your code portable between different LPCxxxx.

Mike
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kamhagh on Sun Sep 21 03:15:26 MST 2014
thanks. sorry by datasheet i actually ment this user manual, i pressed Cntrl+f and searched and didn't find any of the PINCON or other stuff, only registers like PINSEl0-4 or FIODIR
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Sun Sep 21 02:44:33 MST 2014
Download User Manual 10360:

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers/cortex_m3/lpc1700/LPC1768FBD100.html
0 Kudos