lpcware

Questions about boot process of LPC1769

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MOLINARO on Wed Apr 09 10:15:56 MST 2014
Hi,

I am new with LPCXpresso1769 board, and I have two questions about the boot process of LPC1769. My programs run fine, I am just asking for explanations.

I have read the User Manual, UM10360, Rev 3 (20 December 2013) and section 32.3 says:

Quote:

Pin P2.10 is used as a hardware request signal for ISP and therefore requires special attention. Since P2.10 is in high impedance mode after reset, it is important that the user provides external hardware (a pull-up resistor or other device) to put the pin in a defined state. Otherwise unintended entry into ISP mode may occur.

But I have found in section 9.2.1:

Quote:

All I/Os default to input with pullup after reset.

So what is the state after reset ? In LPCXpresso 1769 board, it seems that P0.12 is not connected.

The second question is about "Criterion for Valid User Code" (section 32.3.1.1):

Quote:

The reserved Cortex-M3 exception vector location 7 (offset 0x 001C in the vector table) should contain the 2’s complement of the check-sum of table entries 0 through 6. This causes the checksum of the first 8 table entries to be 0. The boot loader code checksums the first 8 locations in sector 0 of the flash. If the result is 0, then execution control is transferred to the user code.

But the vector table generated by the new project wizard is:

void (* const g_pfnVectors[])(void) = {
    &_vStackTop, // The initial stack pointer
    ResetISR,                               // The reset handler
    NMI_Handler,                            // The NMI handler
    HardFault_Handler,                      // The hard fault handler
    MemManage_Handler,                      // The MPU fault handler
    BusFault_Handler,                       // The bus fault handler
    UsageFault_Handler,                     // The usage fault handler
    0,                                      // Reserved

The vector at location 7 is 0, and does not conform to the above rule. But, actually, program is running. So documentation is not accurate ?

Outcomes