cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to program off-chip memory without using on-chip memory

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SHEKAR MJ on Wed May 28 06:39:39 MST 2014
I m using lpc1777 controller which is having 512kb on-chip flash but my code is exceeding this memory(becoz of some cg array i used) so i m using external flash of 2MB when I programmed this through JTAG it is programmed again I tried to program it is showing cannot access memory. Is there any conflict b/w code on on-chip and code on external flash. And now I replaced the controller with new one it is working fine in on-chip mode so is there any configuration to do for not to use on-chip memory.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SHEKAR MJ on Thu May 29 20:59:14 MST 2014
My code size is around 1.2MB so I dont want to use on-chip memory So I m dumping all program to external flash SST39vf1601 which is having 2MB size  through JTAG So If I again want to put modified code It is showing cannot access memory So is there any setting or configuration to do check the attached images.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Thu May 29 09:06:17 MST 2014
Hi Shekar,
How did you program external memory?  How are you splitting code between internal and external memory? Does it show the memory address which cannot be accessed?
More detail will be required to understand the problem. Can you also post your project? Did you try programming external memory with newly replaced chip?
0 Kudos