Can we configure Emwin for 16 bit data transfer for our 8 bit data lines ??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we configure Emwin for 16 bit data transfer for our 8 bit data lines ??

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by AkshayHV on Mon Oct 28 23:37:35 MST 2013
hello i m trying to work my 4.3 inch TFT having a SSD 1963 contoller interfacing with LPC1768 but 8 bit transmission is not working properly so my question is can i configure EMWIN for 16 bit transmission even though my data lines are 8 is it possible to do it .if yes how to modify the drivers of the LCD controller below are my 8 bit transmitting functions.

Thanks and regards
Akshay H V

void Write_Command (unsigned char command)
{
IC_RD_SET();          // /RD=1
IC_A0_CLR();// D/C=0
IC_WR_CLR(); // /WR=0
IC_CS_CLR(); // /CS=0
Data_BUS  = command << 19; // Data Bus OUT
IC_CS_SET(); // /CS=1
IC_WR_SET(); // /WR=1
}
void Write_Data (unsigned char data1)
{
IC_RD_SET();
IC_A0_SET();
IC_WR_CLR();
IC_CS_CLR();
Data_BUS  = data1<<19;
IC_CS_SET();
IC_WR_SET();
}

Original Attachment has been moved to: SSD_1963_TFT.c.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Wed Oct 30 07:12:39 MST 2013
Hi Akshay,

I see, that command just configures the LCD interface, not the MCU interface.
I'll need some more information to be able to help you further.

You have not mentioned what the problem exactly is. A description/picture of the problem would be definitely help ;)
Furthermore I'm missing the driver init code, e.g. where you call GUIDRV_FlexColor_SetFunc().

Regards,
Wouter
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by AkshayHV on Wed Oct 30 03:09:14 MST 2013
Hello Wouter

Thanks for the reply, I checked the read and write to the register its is working fine when without Emwin and the CS pin also I changed as per your reply and the 16 bit you told but SSD can only support either 18 or 24 bit please refer the document(page no 8) http://www.allshore.com/pdf/solomon_systech_ssd1963.pdf  and kindly reply and I am using 565 RGB interface.

Thanks and regards
Akshay H V
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Tue Oct 29 07:01:32 MST 2013
Hi,

Can you explain why 8-bit bus access is not working? There is no reason why the 8-bit driver is not working and the 16-bit driver would work, especially since you're using an 8-bit bus ;)

Did you verify your read/write cmd/data routines are OK? Looks like you're using the 8080 mode (since you have a separate read/write signal), but your implementation does not seem correct. Have a look at the datasheet (http://www.techtoys.com.hk/Components/SSD1963QL9/SSD1963_1.1.pdf). Page 16 tells: "If the WR# goes low when the CS# signal is low, the data or command will be latched into the system at the rising edge of WR#." Page 83 shows the right timing diagram.In your code you're making WR low before making CS low which will not work. Hook-up a scope/logical analyzer and make sure all signals are correct.

Then try reading/writing registers, confirming your read/write commands are OK. Next step is to verify you can read/write pixels from/to the display. Then as final step, connect your proven-to-work low-level driver to emWin. Trying to make it work with emWin without the previous steps will only make things more complicated.

One other thing I noted: In your initialization (Initial_SSD1963()) your comments say you configure the display for 18-bit mode. However, the emWin driver manual states it does not support 18-bit mode for the SSD1963: http://www.segger.com/guidrv_flexcolor.html. Only 16bpp and 8bpp are supported.

Regards,
Wouter
0 Kudos