Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer data via ETHERNET

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kevin on Thu Apr 04 10:00:37 MST 2013

I need to make the exchange of information between my development board that is using the LPC1768 and a computer through the "ETHERNET" communication using UDP and SNMP. Since the computer is the CLIENT and the SERVER plate.

Can anyone help me somehow?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by aem.nitin on Tue Nov 04 23:32:00 MST 2014

Quote: kevin

I need to make the exchange of information between my development board that is using the LPC1768 and a computer through the "ETHERNET" communication using UDP and SNMP. Since the computer is the CLIENT and the SERVER plate.

Can anyone help me somehow?

Thank you.

I also need to implement SNMP agent over LPC1768. Can you help me
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Tue Apr 16 22:13:26 MST 2013

I haven't tried using ethernet on the LPC1768 yet (but I am going to soon, I believe).

If you provide some more information on what you are doing, what hardware you have available and what you want, you might get some (better) answers.

For instance...

<ul>
<li>Which board are you using ?</li>
<li>Which ethernet PHY is on your board.</li>
<li>Which Ethernet library are you using (LWIP ?)</li>
</ul>

Personally, I would probably try and use some HTTP protocol instead of UDP/SNMP, but if your skills are better than mine, I won't tell you to change your opinion. At least for a start, I'd try using HTTP, as it's easier for tests.

If you haven't already had a look at it, try...

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Myriad Pro', Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Geneva, Arial, Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">git clone http://git.lpcware.com/lwip_lpc.git</span>

or download <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Myriad Pro', Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Geneva, Arial, Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><a title="lwip_lpc" href="http://sw.lpcware.com/?p=lwip_lpc.git&a=snapshot&h=HEAD&fmt=zip&f=latest">lwip_lpc</a></span>.

0 Kudos