cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from PIC to LPC

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by killstadogg on Mon Mar 26 22:45:19 MST 2012
OK, I have what is probably a stupid question; but can the LPC17xx or 43xx be programmed directly sort of like with a pickit3 on release mode? Coming from MPLAB and all that, it just seems odd to have to program using 'debug' in LPCXpresso. OK, I realize this post must be vague but if anybody else has come from Microchip to the dark side (NXP), could you please fill me in on anything that you feel is pertinent? Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by atomicdog on Tue Mar 27 12:55:39 MST 2012
You can use Flash Magic or use JTAG through LPCXpresso to program also.
I believe you right click on the binary image icon in LPCxpresso to program with out the debugging.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by EReyes on Mon Mar 26 23:35:51 MST 2012
-- (removed double post)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by EReyes on Mon Mar 26 23:35:28 MST 2012
I don't know what a pickit3 or release mode is. But I can tell you that JTAG and LPCXpresso/debug is not the only way to get your program into the chip. In my case, I put a serial port and a push button on my target design. That will give you access to the on-chip ROM bootloader, which you can use to download your firmware either with commercial PC software or your own. Another option if you want to use JTAG is to buy a production software package like the one Segger has.
0 Kudos