Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port 2 - Pin17 Disables Port 2 - Pin 4 with IOCON switch

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pcproa on Wed Dec 21 12:43:45 MST 2011
Hello,

I have an LPC1788 (LQFP 208 Pin) that I'm trying to use the built in 24Bit LCD Controller and EMC to control SDRAM.

Today I noticed that the LCD_ENAB_M (P2[4]) state would never change. It would always stay low. I tried configuring it strictly as an IO pin and forcing it high.
When I set it high at the beginning of the program it would switch fine, then shut off somewhere during my device initialization. I decided to step through all of the events and found that it would return low while starting up the EMC. Specifically _EMC_RAS (P2[17]). When I take out the entire initialization sequence P2[4] will stay high the entire time.

Is anyone able to replicate this issue or has experienced something like this before? Or a solution to the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pcproa on Wed Dec 28 17:20:09 MST 2011
An update for anyone looking to solve their problem.

When I originally started to build the software for this device I used a project example from Raisonance as my base to build off of. I tried for a very long time to get it to work but no matter what, P2[4] would go low when P2[17] mode changed.

I decided to start a new project from scratch, not building off of the Raisonance project example and it worked perfectly. Not only that, a bunch of the other things I had tried also started working with the new clean base.

As a side note, since I bought my Raisonance hardware a year ago it has been nothing but problems. Extremely buggy with many issues. Over the year I figured they would improve the software, get rid of the bugs and sort things out since future upgrades were free. A few months ago Raisonance stopped offering free upgrades to products greater than 1 year old and left all consumers with a buggy product which they had previously constantly promised to correct issues for. They just walked away from all their customers. Sure, not offering repairs/upgrades after a certain period is normal, but if you buy a car and the hood keeps flying off under warranty, would it be acceptable if they promised to find a better solution then let the warranty expire and let the consumer deal with it on his own? Never buy Raisonance products.
0 Kudos