Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1788 USB Host

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by e135193 on Sat Feb 15 13:58:28 MST 2014
Hello

I want to add add a usb keyboard and mouse to my LPC1788 board. Is there any available code example ? Can "the USB Library of NXP" be useful for this work. This could be any other USB HID device which will be connected to LPC1788.

Regards

e135193
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by e135193 on Sun Feb 23 06:01:14 MST 2014
Hello Robert

Thanks for the replay with the solution. You said that you had managed to resolve the issue I have. Then, could you share the code you have so that I and other people may make use of it.

Regards

e135193
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by robekras on Mon Feb 17 08:07:23 MST 2014
Hello e135193

lpcopen 1.03 contains USB examples for connecting HID (and some other devices).
lpcopen 2.07 doesn't contain the USB examples.

Unfortunately the current code examples for USB in lpcopen 1.03 supports only port 1 of the 17xx controllers.
Although you have two ports (port 1 and port 2) but only one USB core.
That means you can only connect the mouse or the keyboard to port 1.
Some people are waiting for the new release which may hopefully support both ports, so you can connect mouse on one port and keyboard to the other.

As I didn't have time to wait another two or six weeks for a new release which may (or may not) contain code which supports both USB ports, I tried to fix the code by myself. That have been some hours with a lot of typing, but fortunately with success.
The necessary changes are very simple, but nevertheless it's a lot of typing. Mostly you have to assign an additional parameter (portnumber) to most of the functions and extending some one dimensional arrays into two dimensional arrays.

So it's really hard to understand why nxp didn't got it managed till today.

Robert
0 Kudos