Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDA1380 Problem

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by e135193 on Thu Apr 23 08:05:44 MST 2015
Hello

I'm trying to implement AN11085 (speex vocoder) applicaiton on my custom LPC1768 board with the attached UDA1380 board.

My problem is that I cannot record or play because I cannot configure some of the registers of UDA1380 via I2C. I can just configure the register addresses; 00H, 01H, 02H, 03H and 04H. I can read and write those registers. But, for example, I can not write 22H register address to ajdust the microphone as an input.

What could be my problem ? Anybody can help me ?

Regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

haukekrüger
Contributor I

Hi,

I have just found this post since I suffer from the same problem, Audio on hitex 4350 board - i2c configuration fails. The request is stated as it "may have been answered" but it isnt.

Has anybody found out why it is not possible to configure some of the registers via i2c? Is there a specific condition that may lock parts of the UDA1380 registers? We found nothing in the doc sheets. Would be great to get some sort of hint.

Thank you and best regards

Hauke

0 Kudos

emilio_moretti
Contributor II

Actually, I had the same problem and your reply in the post you linked helped me fix it.

I added a description here:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/416868#comment-1140216 

Basically... configure i2s, wait, make sure the clocks are working, then modify the registers, otherwise it will not take the changes.

I don't know if it's in the datasheet. I haven't found it, but I got sound after doing the procedure above. I'm not doing any time critical application, so I just added a 100 milliseconds pause after starting I2S, and then I was able to write to all registers in the UDA1380

Good luck

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Content originally posted in LPCWare by e135193 on Thu Apr 23 15:10:54 MST 2015
Hello

Yes I searched but nothing helps. Could you be more spesific.

Is ıt a problem with my UDA1380 board. It is weird that I can just modify 00H, 01H, 02H, 03H and 04H registers. Is there a sequence for the register modification or is there a register dependency between resisters.

I attached the captured UDA1380's registers. "Untitled.png" shows the register status when it is idle. "Untitled2.png" shows the register status when it is recording. Because I cannot change the 22H register, I cannot record from microphone.

When I try to write into the register 22H, I2C dirver returns a success. There is no problem with writing with respect to I2C driver, but the reality is not like that.

Regards

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Apr 23 10:09:55 MST 2015
Have you tried searching the forums for UDA1380? I just tried it and got 18 hits...
0 Kudos