When followed 'U-Boot build procedure' tutorial from LPCWARE for LPC1788, getting errors...??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When followed 'U-Boot build procedure' tutorial from LPCWARE for LPC1788, getting errors...??

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Wed Nov 19 22:17:16 MST 2014
Hi friends,
I have this LPC1788 Embedded Artist Board, i am trying to port linux on it.  As the first step to do that was to port U-boot. I found the following link on Lpcware

http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/lpc177x8x-u-boot-port/u-boot-build-procedure

This seems a good step by step tutorial for first timers. I have downloaded U-Boot version 2011-06 and the patch as directed, manage to patch it properly.

I have arm-2010q1-189-arm-uclinuxeabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2 which i extracted to /opt and added a path /opt/arm-2010q1/bin as discribed in tutorial. Then the next step to add CROSS_COMPILER PATH, which is for me /opt/arm-2010q1/bin/arm-uclinuxeabi-, after completing all these, manage to config u-boot for the EA1788  board using command  'make ea1788_config'.

Then in next step donwloaded checksum and added PATH variable as suggested.
When i finally used 'make' command ....i am getting errors as follow:

/opt/arm-2010q1/bin/arm-uclinuxeabi-objcopy -O srec u-boot u-boot.srec
/opt/arm-2010q1/bin/arm-uclinuxeabi-objcopy --gap-fill=0xff -O binary u-boot u-boot.bin
./lpc17_fcg u-boot.bin u-boot-lpc.bin
make: ./lpc17_fcg: Command not found
make: *** [u-boot-lpc.bin] Error 127

please guide me...

Thank You.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Fri Nov 21 01:04:49 MST 2014
Thank you ....i will try. Yes as you said ...i do need to learn Linux shell.....new to Linux ...This is first encounter with Linux OS.....Thanks.

Yes it did worked ....i appreciate your efforts...Thanks [color=#030]TheFallGuy[/color]..you have bought end to my week old frustration...Thanks a ton!!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Fri Nov 21 00:35:34 MST 2014
You need to learn (quickly) about Linux shell...

The makefile is running "./lpc17_fcg". "./" means 'run from the local directory'. It does not search path or anything else.

Solution: edit the makefile to remove the "./" or install lpc17_fcg into the local directory.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Thu Nov 20 21:25:19 MST 2014

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have thought of using ucLinux only. But got stuck in U-Boot itself.

I have completed the 8th step as follow:

•Downloaded the file from http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpc177x8x-checksum-insertion-program

•As such there is no readme or user guide so I have extracted the file using tar –xvjf in /opt

•It extracted two files lpc_fcg (which is an executable) and main.c

•As there is not any readme or user guide so I have just added this file PATH

•Added a PATH as ‘export PATH=$PATH:$/opt/lpc17xx_cksum_insert’

Please guide me where I did a blunder.. Tried to google about checksum value, but not much found.

Thank you.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Nov 20 01:00:35 MST 2014
Did you follow step 8? This downloads the lpc17_fcg application that you are missing...

BTW: Cortex-M parts are not capable of running linux. You might want to try ucLinux instead
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Wed Nov 19 23:33:18 MST 2014
Hi Friends,

I have tried the same with a different tool chain version. The end result is same, i have tried my hands with tool chain "arm-2011.03-41-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-i686-pc-libux-gnu.tar.bz2". Followed the same procedure, and same result ...haha!

Please help !!
0 Kudos