cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyWeb example problem

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by otxoasound on Mon Aug 04 12:13:42 MST 2014
Hello.

I have a doubt. When I program lpc1769 with any other example different from the EASYWEB example, the program runs every time I connect the board (lpcxpresso board) to the power. But when I download the EASYWEB example it does not work. On the other hand, if I debug the program with lpcxpresso IDE, all is ok. So, if I start debugging, I push the start/resume button, the program runs and I have acces to the web with the internet browser, but if I download the program to the microcontroller, it does not work, but it works ok with the other examples. Could someone help?

Thanks in advance!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by whitecoe on Mon Aug 04 13:07:29 MST 2014
I imagine the project is built with semihosting enabled (printf's being written to debugger console). There are some FAQs on this - a good starting point is:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/semihosting

Note in particular the comment ...

Quote:
When you have linked with the semihosting library, your application will no longer work standalone - it will only work when connected to the debugger.

Simplest way to get things going standalone probably to switch from the "Semihost" to "Nohost" library variant:

HTH!
0 Kudos