LPCXpresso IDE connects to LPCXpresso LCP1769 CMSIS-DAP Rev.D only when it's not inserted into LPCXpresso/ mbed BaseBoard Rev. B

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso IDE connects to LPCXpresso LCP1769 CMSIS-DAP Rev.D only when it's not inserted into LPCXpresso/ mbed BaseBoard Rev. B

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by florianATsynaptive on Sun Jun 05 09:14:04 MST 2016
Hello all,

I'm having trouble getting started with the Embedded Artists LPCXpresso LPC1769 + LPCXpresso/mbed Baseboard.  I have thoroughly gone through the documentation and have not been able to load a program onto the LPC1769 without physically removing it from the BaseBoard. 

[list=1]
  [*]When the LPC1769 is not in the BaseBoard the IDE allows me to choose a LinkServer as can be seen in attached image "LPC1769 without being connected to baseboard".
  [*]When the LPC1769 is inserted into the BaseBoard the IDE cannot "see" any emulators. 

[/list]

What am I doing incorrectly?  Am I forgetting a jumper?  I'm stumped and would really appreciate your input.

Cheers,
Florian
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by florianATsynaptive on Wed Jun 08 09:33:26 MST 2016
Hi all,

I received an email from Embedded Artists AB (EA) support.  I turns out there is a resistor (R57) in some manufactured lots that are causing the debug microcontroller to go into ISP mode.  By simply removing R57 from the LPCXpresso1769/CD board everything works well.  [s]I have attached the PDF EA sent me[/s].  They will be releasing a proper product note by the end of the week.  ** I have removed the PDF they sent me and added the link to the official product note below.

Thank you for your input, your support has been appreciated.

https://www.embeddedartists.com/sites/default/files/support/xpr/LPCXpresso1769_CD_revD_ProductNote.p...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vtw.433e on Mon Jun 06 14:28:21 MST 2016
Reinstalling the software is unlikely to make any difference. I am pretty certain it is a power problem, or perhaps you are connecting the Lpc-link incorrectly. Could you post a photo of your setup?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by florianATsynaptive on Mon Jun 06 12:53:37 MST 2016
So updates....

I am now going to uninstall the following:
[list=1]
  [*] LPCXpresso
[*] LPC Driver Installer
[*] LPCScrypt
[/list]

I will reinstall all of these again one at a time into my Windows 7 machine and cross my fingers.  Help is appreciated.  Do you know any other channels for support I could look up?  This is really annoying and I'm considering sourcing another platform for this work project.

- Florian
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by florianATsynaptive on Mon Jun 06 12:45:32 MST 2016
Hi vtw.433e,

Thank you for your input.  Yes,  I have powered the baseboard and the LPC1769 though a powered hub with 1.5A available on each port of the hub.  I have tried countless  combinations and gone through all the nets provided by Embedded Artists AB.

I am now going to get some male-female pin cables and one at a time find the damn pin that's causing the IDE from not seeing the target chip. 

Still any input would be happily received. 

- Florian
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vtw.433e on Mon Jun 06 08:06:52 MST 2016
From your description it is almost certainly a power issue. Are you sure you are powering the baseboard correctly? You need to power the baseboard AND the Lpc-link board.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by florianATsynaptive on Mon Jun 06 06:25:16 MST 2016
Thanks R2D2,

I have read this and have an external USB hub that is capable powered by a 300W supply.  I know I have more than enough power.  I have also tried every possible power configuration.  I don't think power is the issue, but I would happily be corrected.

Cheers,
Florian
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Sun Jun 05 11:18:59 MST 2016
There are several threads about powering the base board, so how do you power the base board  :quest:

User manual:

Quote:

The LPCXpresso Base Board shall be powered from a PC via the included USB cable (mini-B to A cable). Up to 500mA can be drawn from the USB port. Note that not all PC USB ports supply the specified top current (500 mA). This is especially true for laptops, but affects many desktop PCs too. If in doubt, use a powered USB hub to power the LPCXpresso Base Board...

0 Kudos