cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1769 + OM11083 RS232 serial port not working

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kpkirankp on Tue Sep 09 22:37:36 MST 2014
Hi All,
I have an LPC1769 processor board(rev B) mounted on a OM11083 base board(rev B) which is from Embedded Artists. My aim is to get the RS232 port(J52 up an running). I need to interface an external receipt printer through COM port to the OM11083 board. Can any one help me with some sample codes which can make the RS232 port of OM11083 up and running? I am able to interface my OM11083 board to PC using the UART-USB bridge(X3), but in case of the printer i need data to be sent on the RS 232 pins. Can any one help me please. I tried running the i2c sample code provided by LPC thinking that I can make the RS232 port up, but the sample just hangs :(. I have cross checked the jumper settings for I2C and the J51 but all are seems to be in tact.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andersrosvall on Wed Sep 10 12:23:48 MST 2014
Hi,
There are many jumpers on the LPCXpresso base board. I suggest checking them again and posting a photo of jumper settings.
The I2C/SPI to UART bridge can be configured for either I2C or SPI interface. Check so that jumpers are correctly set for I2C interface.
Finally, the samples were create a long time ago, written for an older version of LPCXpresso. Where have been some changes in the LPCXpresso IDE lately, for example default optimization level, that can affect the sample also.
Regards,
Anders @ EA team
0 Kudos