LPC1768 User application code not executing after a flash upgrade using Flash Magic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1768 User application code not executing after a flash upgrade using Flash Magic

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by christopherrhayden@gmail.com on Thu May 26 22:32:46 MST 2016
I am having a problem a problem where my user application code is not running after I perform a flash upgrade followed by a reset. The processor seems to be just stuck in ISP mode.

My Setup:
- Using an mbed board as the USB-Serial interface to program a custom board that has an LPC1768
- I have the UART0 interface of the LPC1768 on my custom board connected P28 & P27 of mbed board.
- I have two external push switches conected to the reset pin and P2_10 pin.
- Used the BIN2HEX to perform conversion of the binary file from the mbed IDE

Results:
- It appears that the flash magic tool is programming the device successfully as you can see from this attachment named Success.png.
- After the flash is programmed I reset my custom board and the processor seems to stay in ISP mode. I say this because I can read the DEvice SIgnature from the ISP menu in Flash Magic.
- What seems odd is when I click on 'information' in the file menu it does not show a memory range for the hex file which is 60.18KB. See Attachment info.png

Please help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Wed Jun 01 16:04:46 MST 2016

Quote: christopherrhayden@gmail.com
Yes they have external pullups on those pins. As I said - I know the LPC is in ISP mode because I can read the Device Signature from the ISP menu in Flash Magic.

:D

And those pull-ups have values, too?

It's not very difficult to find / solve this kind of problems. Either it's a hardware issue or it's crappy software...

Without informations about your hardware and without informations about your program it's just a guessing game  :(

Anyway, I would recommend to scope ISP / Reset signals to check the hardware. And of course use a working program to flash it via FlashMagic...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vtw.433e on Wed Jun 01 14:02:32 MST 2016
Vector checksum?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by christopherrhayden@gmail.com on Wed Jun 01 10:24:44 MST 2016
Yes they have external pullups on those pins. As I said - I know the LPC is in ISP mode because I can read the Device Signature from the ISP menu in Flash Magic.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Fri May 27 00:45:12 MST 2016

Quote: christopherrhayden@gmail.com

- I have two external push switches conected to the reset pin and P2_10 pin.

:quest:  Pull-ups  :quest:
0 Kudos