cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing LCD with plc1788

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Imagineme on Sat Nov 17 06:39:52 MST 2012
Hi, i have a LCD display that is 800x600  with LVDS interface and i want to make use of it with LPC1788FBD208 which has it`s own graphics controller.My question i kind of silly but, i`m new to LPP, As i was reading the datasheet of the MCU i noticed that some pins like pin 106 (LQFP208 package) is multiplexed  with these functions (and others as well).
O LCD_VD[4] — LCD data.
O LCD_VD[3] — LCD data.
O LCD_VD[8] — LCD data.
O LCD_VD[18] — LCD data.
Most of the LCD data are multiplexed on several pins(2-3)  my question is this made from functional stand point of view to have some flexibility in the option of which interfaces and peripherals are used. And can i use this peripheral interface and serialize it to LVDS signals.
Thank you for your time.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Imagineme on Tue Nov 20 02:26:07 MST 2012
Ty for the help i`m on it :) nice of u to mentions HDMI  i was wandering if i can implement it as well.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DF9DQ on Mon Nov 19 12:49:41 MST 2012
The idea of the various pin multiplex options is to support as many peripherals as possible in combination with an LCD panel, depending mainly on color depth.

And yes, you can serialize the panel signals through an LVDS transmitter. HDMI has been demonstrated to work as well.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Imagineme on Mon Nov 19 03:33:03 MST 2012
My point was whether I can connect it trough LVDS transmitter, which has parallel inputs and LVDS outputs for the LCD panel.  
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Daniel Widyanto on Mon Nov 19 00:07:14 MST 2012
No. The LCD peripheral doesn't support LVDS interface. It supports direct write to TFT and STN panel.
0 Kudos