cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc xpresso 1769 program flash doesnt hold after power reset

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nav070887 on Sat Dec 28 22:43:29 MST 2013
Hello,
This might be a stupid problem on my end, but after I program the lpcxpresso 1769 using the Program Flash utility provided by the LPCxpresso eclipse ide, reset the power, the program doesn't seem to hold in flash memory. Nothing runs..It doesn't work after power reset (physically unplugging USB cable and plugging it back in)

Any help will be appreciated..
Thank you
Nav
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Sun Dec 29 12:36:33 MST 2013
Are you sure your (custom?) board isn't booting into ISP?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nav070887 on Sun Dec 29 12:17:05 MST 2013
Thanks for the replies guys..
I've been running in debug mode for last two months and the program runs fine. Even right after flashing the chip using program flash utility the program runs. But it doesn't run after I do a power reset.
BUT...I found the problem. after resetting the power I have to Manually reset the mcu by shorting the reset pin to ground pin a second, then the program starts to run.. Is there a work around for this?

Thank you, Nav
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CVAS on Sun Dec 29 04:06:53 MST 2013
Hello nav,

without to have more detail (in particular the source code) it's hard to tell you where is the problem.

Also, my opinion it is that you have a software issue.

So, please give  us more details related  to this issue .

CVAS
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sun Dec 29 02:29:05 MST 2013
I suspect that your program is crashing. You will need to debug your program to find out why.

You can attach to a running system by using the Attach option in the debug configuration.
0 Kudos