lpcware

Can't Program FLASH on Xpresso LPC1769 Hardware

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bobw on Mon Jan 27 11:48:45 MST 2014
Hi,
I have an LPC Xpresso 1769 and I've been trying unsuccessfully for DAYS to FLASH the program (non-volatile) memory using IAR EWARM and/or JFlash.

I have a simple program that starts up and periodically writes debug strings to the UART.

If I use the iJet or the JLink Plus to debug the program, it runs fine. I can hit break points and I can see my UART debug traces, etc. In other words, things operate as expected.

But if I program the device with the same code using the JTAG port on the LPC Xpresso using either IAR (with iJet) or JFlash (with JLink Plus), the IDE/programmer software tells me everything worked fine (even verifies OK), but when I unplug the programmer and power cycle the device, I get nothing. The program does not appear to be there (no UART traces, just dead, nothing).

I'm pretty sure it related to the LPC XPresso hardware - perhaps the LPCLink stuff hanging off of the JTAG lines?...

Does ANYONE know what the heck is going on and/or how can get around it to program the LPC1769 through the LPCXpresso's JTAG connection?

Thanks,
Bob

Outcomes