EMC Calibration Register Discussion (EMCCAL - 0x400F C1E0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMC Calibration Register Discussion (EMCCAL - 0x400F C1E0)

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Dave on Thu Apr 12 12:57:34 MST 2012
I thought it might be interesting to dynamically "fine-tune" the delay constants I am using for CMDDLY and FBCLKDLY in the Delay Control Register, so I followed the instructions in the user's manual in section 10.12.29 for reading the calibration register.

Interestingly enough, the value is 128-129, unless I add cold air to the SDRAM chip, in which case it moves to about 133.

Not a lot of movement here...

I also adjusted the delay constants from maximum to minimum value (max and min are determined by whether or not there are memory errors during memory testing), and found that the cal value never really changes much - it's always somewhere between 128 and 133...

So, here are my questions:  Is this really necessary?  Has anyone else successfully implemented this cal value in dynamically adjusting the delay values for the EMC controller to SDRAM?  Has anyone ever had their system change enough to cause an SDRAM error while running?

I was just curious...  conceptually, it seems like a good idea, but I don't get much information from it...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiselev.mak on Thu Feb 28 05:09:44 MST 2013
Hi, Dave.
I had a question about the calibration register, when I responded. But after few days my question ceased to be actual. I understood it myself. :)
So, therefore I wanted to remove the message, but didn't know as to make it correct and simply changed it on "del...". That means "deleted" or "removed". :)
I'm sorry :)

I still have another question to you in this topic: http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/dk-57vts-lpc1788-configuring-emc-sdram
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Dave on Tue Feb 26 08:54:19 MST 2013
Hi,

it's been almost a year since I posted this, and you're the first to respond, and unfortunately, I don't understand your response...

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiselev.mak on Tue Feb 26 03:40:25 MST 2013
del...
0 Kudos