Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nxpMClib on LPC1769

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hcanova on Thu Oct 04 17:09:50 MST 2012
Hi,

I'm trying to port the nxpMClib to LPC1769, someone knows if it is possible? or have some infromation to give, beacuse I'm starting with motor control system and I need this to an universit project, I will use de EA Motor control board,

Thanks in Advance

HCanova
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bigkahuna on Sun Nov 25 18:22:33 MST 2012
nxpmclib beta package offers sensorless motor control for LPC1800.  Also it uses State Control Timer (SCT) peripheral which is only available on LPC1800 or LPC4300.  So it is neither straight forward, nor easy to port it to LPC1769. 

There are following steps you will have to take in order to get it working on LPC1769:
1.  Download CMSIS driver package for LPC17xx
2.  Use Motor Control PWM peripheral in LPC17xx and configure it correctly (Pins, Clocks, Power, PWM duty cycle, dead time)
3.  Get ADC readings working on Embedded Artist board.  You will need this for current feedback and Back EMF.
4.  Get QEI working on Embedded Artist board (Assuming motor has encoder mounted)
5.  Configure motor poles, encoder counts, QEI clock frequency in the NXPMCLib.
6.  In the main FOC loop, insert QEI reading and get rid of all sensor-less algorithm from main FOC loop.
7.  Verify/Test/Verify/Test
8.  Done!

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hcanova on Sat Oct 27 09:49:48 MST 2012
Hi

Please someone can help me to use the nxpMCLib on LPC1769 to control and BLDC motor using FOC and an encoder?

I'm using the EA motor control board.

Thanks

HCanova
0 Kudos