Where do I get official header, startup and linker script files from?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I get official header, startup and linker script files from?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by uscjeremy on Mon Jun 17 18:50:24 MST 2013

Hi there,

I've been doing web research for several hours on how to set up a GCC-based toolchain for LPC17xx and LPC8xx chips. One thing that I haven't figured out yet is where to get the official header files and peripheral driver files for the NXP chips. I downloaded LPCOpen v1.03 but its CMSIS directory just seems to have generic Cortex M3 files. I'm looking for the files such as system_lpc17xx.h that define the addresses of the peripheral I/O ports for the chip. These files are available in random projects' source code repositories all over the web but I can't find the official source of the files.

Similarly, where do I get the startup files and gcc linker scripts for each chip? All the dozen tutorials on the web I've found describe people writing their own linker and startup scripts for LPC chips. Does NXP not distribute standard versions of these files?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mburton on Mon Jun 17 23:34:31 MST 2013

Hello uscjeremy,

Take a look in the tree starting at software/lpc_core. In there are the header files you require.

As for linker scripts, startup files, etc. That stuff is somewhere under the applications directory.

Personally, I don't like the approach NXP has taken, I wish they had provided a make compatible build environment. So, I have created my own so I can build simple lpcopen based projects from the command line on Linux. You can find it at <a href="https://bitbucket.org/smartavionics/lpcopen-make">https://bitbucket.org/smartavionics/lpcopen-make</a> I am currently using this to build for lpc1788 and lpc1313 hardware.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos