cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOTMCU LPC1788 Dev board with 4.3 inch LCD

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by amlwwalker on Thu Sep 05 12:43:37 MST 2013
Hi everyone.
I have been playing with the emWin example, trying to get it working on my board. Today someone gave me a hotmcu dev board to play with and see if I could get that to work, as I wasnt having much luck with mine.
I have the emWin522BSP imported to LPCXpresso and I flashed the board. I get something on the screen:
I get what looks very faintly like a UI for something, however its very very grainy and fades to black after about 2 seconds. At least it tells me something is working!

Can anyone help me work out why it fades, and is grainy? Its great news that something happens though! I havent seen anything since I got my original board.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by amlwwalker on Fri Sep 06 12:39:27 MST 2013
Hi MC,
Thanks for replying.
I was advised for my board (olimex LPC1788 with 4.3 inch LCD) to start with the BSP. I was struggling to get it to work as I couldnt work out what needed changing. When a friend leant me their hotmcu board (http://www.hotmcu.com/hylpc1788-development-board-with-43-touch-screen-tft-lcd-p-38.html?cPath=1_21)
I thought I would try and flash the board as is. I bought the one with the 32mB of ram, rather than 16mB.
I got further than with my Olimex board - as I said, a gui does appear on the screen, however it only appears for a short while before the screen fades to black. It also looks like it is renderng the lcd in portrait, when I think it should be rendering in landscape.

With my Olimex board I haven't managed to get anything. I read the porting guide, but I cant see what I need to change. In LCDConf.c it seems like the connections are the same, so it must be to do with ram/eeprom/emc (https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/LCD/MOD-LCD4.3%27%27/)

I thought, as I was closer with the hotmcu board, I might try and work that one out first, but as I dont own it, I would like to get the olimex one working.
The only thing I have so far, is there is a glimmer of hope that I wil be able to get them working......

What are the major settings for the BSP?
The Hotmcu board has a 32 bit databus, the olimex a 16 bit data bus
However they both have 32mb ram.....

I have attached the hotmcu schematic, perhaps someone help can interpret what I need to change in LCDConf.c?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Thu Sep 05 17:15:34 MST 2013
Hi amlwwalker,
This BSP belongs to Embedded Artists LPC1788/LPC4088 board. You need to port it on your board to make it working correclty.
Could you please post details about your hardware?

MC
0 Kudos