cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LPCOpen be made accessable via git?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ah114088 on Sun May 26 10:58:45 MST 2013

Hi all,

I work on a project where we need a TCP/IP stack for a LPC1778-based system. We hope we can deploy LPCOpen, as it comes with FreeRTOS, lwIP and the ethernet controller port. As a first step I try to make the lwip_tcpecho_freertos example work.

At first lack of ordinary makefiles, as required for our CodeSourcery (Lite Edition) toolchain, made it quite an adventure. Next problem were the hard faults, stack overruns and failures with FreeRTOS memory allocation (malloc() based heap3.c). Since I use heap1.c it runs stable. It does not yet echo incoming TCP workload, but right now I'm optimistic that I can it make run as intended.

What concerns me, however, is whether the LPCOpen Platform will at some point become accessible via <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_%28software%29">git</a>.

When I started, the latest version was LPCOpen V1.02. Now the latest version is 1.03. And v1.04 will soon be available ...

It would be much easier to stay up to date with the latest version, if LPCOpen was available via git.

Best regards,

Andreas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by svensteudte on Thu Oct 22 09:13:07 MST 2015
Even so, it's not possible to use the watchdog oscillator at LPC824 with LPCOpen, because it doesn't consider the PDRUNCFG register. The Watchdog is switched off and the uC will crash. This is something, which can be easily fixed, just not if there is no option to do that.

Sven
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by svensteudte on Thu Oct 22 08:50:52 MST 2015
Hi,

Sorry that I'm reactivating this topic again. But it's sad that there's no way to implement new things into LPCOpen. I've just this problem. I'm missing a way to disable the PLL of the LPC824. But this is something I can't do with LPCOpen. So I'd like to contribute this new feature but at the moment there's no way to do it. :/ What a shame.

Sven
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Mon Jun 03 10:08:00 MST 2013

GIT is used internall with the LPCOpen platform, but at least for the short-term, there ar no plans for making the LPCOpen GIT repository public. Between releases, a lot happens inside the LPCOpen platform and not everything works on all check-ins (vs sanity and build checks for released versions) in our internal repo. Additionally, there are a lot of files inside the internal version that aren't in the released ZIP versions due to licensing issues, build issues, etc. that makes releasing these publicly not (yet) possible.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mburton on Sun May 26 22:39:21 MST 2013

Hi,

Given that NXP are "git aware" it's bizarre that LPCOpen is not in a (publicly accessible) git repo. Hopefully, it will be soon.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos