Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Supply and Deep Power Mode

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by looney on Fri Feb 19 07:31:50 MST 2016
Hi,

I am working on a project with a LPC1769 Board and a real time clock with a battery backup(3,3V) and it works  :) , but i want to lower the current. Is it possible to go in deep sleep mode during the normal power supply drops out? For the moment the current is around 70mA if there is no main power supply. Furthermore is the current of the battery supply around 25mA with the main power supply.

I would appriciate if the current of the battery supply doesn't drain during normal power supply. In addition I want a lower current with deep sleep mode when the nomral power supply turns out and the battery supply supports.

Thanking you in anticipation Looney
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by looney on Fri Feb 26 07:54:14 MST 2016
I checked the data sheet again and I think there already should be a current of ~530nA but it is not . I already tried a 2nd board wiith the same result :( Does Somebody know what to do there? I would be very happy about some helpful answers!
Data sheet:The device core power (VDD(REG)(3V3)) is used to operate the RTC whenever VDD(REG)(3V3) is present. Therefore, there is no power drain from the RTC battery when VDD(REG)(3V3) is available.

Greetings Looney
0 Kudos