cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emWin 5.12 on CrossWorks form Arm

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Arkadyosh on Thu Jul 04 14:52:36 MST 2013

Hi,

Hardware configuration:

Own PCB with: LPC1788, 8Mb external ram, lcd 5.7" 640x480 and others not important for this problem.

used emWin library: libemWin512_CortexM3_LE_v7m_t_le_eabi; display driver: GUIDRV_Lin_16_API; color conversion: GUICC_M565

I have a problem with emWin 5.12 working on CrossWorks for Arm. I create simple project in CrossWorks where first init in main function external sdram, lcd controller, systick for gui, and GUI_Init, next set flag for WindowsManager 'WM_CF_MEMDEV'. After this create simple YT graph and in main loop just writing new data to the graph wich is triangle by triangle and here is problem. When call GUI_Exec(), graph in some part just flicker and not only graph, in some pixels, random pixels of lcd I can see some disturb. First I think that some problems with hardware, but I create the same project in LpcXpresso and there everythink work correct, the same routines for init ram, lcd peripheral and functions in GUIConf.c  and LCDConf.c. After this I edit sample project  NXP_emWinBSP_EA1788_LPCXpresso422_Keil421_Crossworks21_MSVS2010_110412' in CrossWorks , change hardware configuration for my hardawre but it was the same result, flickering and lcd disturb. There is also something strange when in project created in crossworks I dont set flag 'WM_CF_MEMDEV', graph appear but grid and moving triangles flickering for few seconds, but after that it work correct but this isnt a solution. When I dont create this flag in lpcXpresso everything look like work as desired the emWin developers, graph is flickering when its redrawn, but all graph, not some random parts. Is there some limitations for using emWin with CrossWorks? Anybody run successfully emWin on CrossWorks? Any sugestions where can be problem? Maybe  some compiler options? 

Thanks in advance,

Arkadyosh

P.S.

I cant use LpcXpresso becasue it has code size limitations.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Arkadyosh on Fri Aug 02 10:24:24 MST 2013
Hi Wavemed,

Thanks for respond. Yes, I have reserve correct memory for the GUI, I think so... I think that using memdev command may be a solution(I have in this time many other stuff, so i try it in free time), but why using only memdev flag work correct in LPCXpresso but didnt in CrossWorks? This is strange because both using gcc compiler.

Regards,
Arkadyosh
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wavemed on Mon Jul 29 11:47:37 MST 2013
Hi Arkadyosh,
Do you have reserve the correct memory to the GUI.  Try to use the memdev command, (not only the flag) to reserve a box and write inside it. I use 800 x 600 display, thus you cannot have limitation with your hardware config.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Arkadyosh on Mon Jul 08 10:10:47 MST 2013

Hi Wouter,

I create new project in crossworks with libraries for LPCXpresso(emWin5.20) but the effect is the same, strange flickering. Maybe, lilke You said, there something wrong with tool configuration, but what...

Regards,

Arkadyosh

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Mon Jul 08 05:49:05 MST 2013

Hi Arkadyosh,

Currently we do not actively support the Rowley CrossWorks toolchain for emWin anymore. Too badly your problem does not sound familiar to me, and I don't know what could be wrong. As it works fine in LPCXpresso, I'd expect a tool or setup issue.

Since CrossWorks uses GCC just like LPCXpresso, I'd assume the LPCXPresso libraries also work fine in CrossWorks. I'd advise you to try linking against the LPCXpresso library, and check whether the issue still exists. Linking against the LPCXpresso libraries would also enable you to use the newest emWin version (V5.20).

Regards,

Wouter

0 Kudos