cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emWin Multitasking support

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Herrbert on Mon Apr 20 23:58:49 MST 2015
Hi,

we are planning to use emWin in conjunction with FreeRTOS.

The documentation says if one wants to do real multi-tasking (calling emWin functions from more than one thread) one needs to define:
#define GUI_OS 1 // Enable multitasking support
#define GUI_MAXTASK 5 // Max. number of tasks that may call emWin

Since the NXP emWin is delivered as a lib I am not sure how these values were defined during compilation.

So my question:
- Is GUI_OS set to 1?
- Which value is GUI_MAXTASK set to?

Thank you!
Simon
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Wed May 06 07:03:00 MST 2015
Hi giusloq,
Thanks for pointing out. Yes, emWin library is compiled with GUI_OS =1 and GUI_MAXTASK =4(default).
Information added at
http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/emwin-graphics-library
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by giusloq on Wed May 06 00:30:00 MST 2015

Quote:
Having the define in a .h file is a hint but it is no definitiv answer that the library was compiled with the same settings.

This can't be correct. It's impossible that NXP delivers emWin package with include files that don't match the library files.

I found on emWin manual that GUI_OS and GUI_MAXTASK macros have a default value: 0 and 4 respectively. If GUI_OS is defined as 1 and GUI_MAXTASK isn't defined, I think it takes the default value of 4.

Quote:
From my point of view: emWin is a marketing joke of NXP - without proper documentation it can't be used for serious, risk controlled development.

I agree with you. Anyway, for serious development, I think it's better to purchase a commercial license from Segger directly. In that case, you will receive the full source code of libraries.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Herrbert on Tue May 05 23:53:43 MST 2015

Quote: giusloq
It's an old post and it's strange there isn't an answer yet.

I found GUI_OS definition in GUIConf.h delivered with emWin distribution by NXP. It is defined as 1, so multitasking is enabled.

However I can't find GUI_MAXTASK.

yep it is an old post nonetheless it is still important. I still do not know if I can use the library or not.

Having the define in a .h file is a hint but it is no definitiv answer that the library was compiled with the same settings.

From my point of view: emWin is a marketing joke of NXP - without proper documentation it can't be used for serious, risk controlled development.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by giusloq on Tue May 05 07:56:50 MST 2015
It's an old post and it's strange there isn't an answer yet.

I found GUI_OS definition in GUIConf.h delivered with emWin distribution by NXP. It is defined as 1, so multitasking is enabled.

However I can't find GUI_MAXTASK.
0 Kudos