cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardfault on GUI_DEVICE_CreateAndLink

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by egnascimento on Wed Nov 18 09:02:14 MST 2015

Hi guys,
First of all, a quick hardware description. My board has LPC1857 + T-55149 Kyocera TFT / Renesas R61509 controller and a 8MBit (512x16) static SRAM

This test is based on http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/lpco…il_mcb_1857.zip . I have modified LCD initialization with T55149 initialization SPI commands. I have also configured my SRAM and it works well testing write/reads to/from address 0x1C000000 and so on.

Debugging on IAR it goes until GUI_DEVICE_CreateAndLink where the hardfault happens. Debugging it closely, the hardfault happens at:

Gui_Init -> LCD_X_Init->_EnlargeBlocks->GUI_DEVICE_CreateAndLink->Gui_DEVICE_Create->GUI_ALLOC_GetFixedBlock->_InitOnce->_EnlargeBlocks->__iar_unaligned_eabi_memcpy function.

Could anyone please give me a hint.

That´s the first time I work with this graphic library so please expect anything.

Addition:
A small update. I figured that FRAMEBUFFER_ADDR was with wrong address. It was with 0x28000000 instead of my SRAM address 0x1C000000. Now it seems that it gets stuck a bit before on _Alloc and stays in a loop inside _RemoveHoles.

Thanks a lot!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vtw.433e on Mon Nov 23 14:56:19 MST 2015
You'll have to debug the hard fault to get some more information, such as the cause of the fault, and the address causing the fault. There is an LPCXpresso faq on debugging a hard fault.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by egnascimento on Mon Nov 23 05:40:51 MST 2015
Anyone?
0 Kudos