lpcware

In case you didn't know, Gesture and Multi-Touch is not supported.

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by briching on Mon Oct 13 16:14:26 MST 2014
Hello,

I am having linking problems with emWin.

I am using emWin 5.24h, and have followed the documentation here:
https://www.segger.com/emwin-multitouch-support-mt.html
(also included in the nxp-link to the pdf doc)

and have created a project that uses the canned demo sample found here:
https://www.segger.com/cms/admin/uploads/userfiles/file/emWin/samples/src/MTOUCH_ScratchAndGestures.c

When I compile and build against the emWin libraries, I get the following build errors:

./src/MTOUCH_ScratchAndGestures.o: In function `_DoMenu':
C:\git\Embedded\Projects\A43XX\A43XX_example_scratch_and_gestures\Debug/../src/MTOUCH_ScratchAndGestures.c:3496: undefined reference to `WM_GESTURE_Enable'
./src/MTOUCH_ScratchAndGestures.o: In function `_ExecScratchPad':
C:\git\Embedded\Projects\A43XX\A43XX_example_scratch_and_gestures\Debug/../src/MTOUCH_ScratchAndGestures.c:3084: undefined reference to `WM_GESTURE_Enable'
C:\git\Embedded\Projects\A43XX\A43XX_example_scratch_and_gestures\Debug/../src/MTOUCH_ScratchAndGestures.c:3085: undefined reference to `GUI_MTOUCH_Enable'
C:\git\Embedded\Projects\A43XX\A43XX_example_scratch_and_gestures\Debug/../src/MTOUCH_ScratchAndGestures.c:3093: undefined reference to `GUI_MTOUCH_GetEvent'
C:\git\Embedded\Projects\A43XX\A43XX_example_scratch_and_gestures\Debug/../src/MTOUCH_ScratchAndGestures.c:3106: undefined reference to `GUI_MTOUCH_GetTouchInput'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [A43XX_example_scratch_and_gestures.axf] Error 1

I have tried this sample code with both C and C++ projects thinking I could have an extern-C problem going on.  But I get the same errors regardless.  I am able to run the color-bar demo against the emWin library from the same project, and everything builds and links.  Incidently, calls to:

GUI_DispStringInRect, and
GUI_DrawGradientH

work fine.  If you search the object file, you will also find these references there.  So I know my library and include pathing is set up properly. 

UPDATE:
I disassembled the libemWin_M4.a library file (right clicked on it -> Binary Utilities -> Disassemble) and searched the resulting file for the following references:

WM_GESTURE_Enable
GUI_MTOUCH_Enable
GUI_MTOUCH_GetEvent
GUI_MTOUCH_GetTouchInput

None of them are in there.  I believe this means that the object files released in 5.24h do not actually contain any Gesture or Multi-Touch support.

Does anyone have any idea when a new release is slated that will include this functionality?

Am I missing something here?  Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

Best regards,

Brad

Outcomes