cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emWin GUIBuilder Limitations

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dustinkasel on Wed Aug 21 18:27:36 MST 2013
Hi, I am working on a project using the LPC1788 and NXP's version of emWin. I would like to use GUIBuilder for the window layout but there seems to be a few perplexing limitations. Is it possible to draw a graphical line in GUIBuilder? How about a rectangle with rounded corners?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Dustin
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Wed Sep 11 02:42:24 MST 2013
Hi Friend,
I dont see any requirement for drawing line in GUI Builder, as emWin provides API's for the same. Even there is an API for rounded corner rectangle. I am using LPC1788 with emwin able to draw all the geometric line drawings. Though i agree that builder has got lot's of limitation but using full emwin API's you can easily create decent user interface.
Thanks!!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pcalton on Tue Aug 27 16:01:14 MST 2013
From my experience, the GUI Builder is quite limited. For anything beyond basic widget placement and some initialization (e.g. font selection) you have to dive into the code it generates.

Ive mostly used it to start a window, saved it and then opened it in the IDE to finish it.

Mixing 2D drawing and widgets is something Ive only tinkered with so far. From my understanding you have to add a WM_PAINT case to the window callback function in which you call WM_DefaultProc to draw your widgets for you then call your drawing function for the 2D stuff.

E.g.

case WM_PAINT:
WM_DefaultProc(pMsg);
Draw2D();
break;
0 Kudos