Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emWin 5.22

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by schakal on Fri Aug 02 01:51:34 MST 2013
I've seen there's a new version of the emWin graphics library available.
Is it planned to make it available on lpcware and if so, when can I expect it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Mon Dec 22 11:30:41 MST 2014

Sorry there was a (typo) period at the end. Corrected see below
Library is at http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/NXP_emWin524h_libraries.exe

Alternatively you can go to home page and download different versions.
http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/emwin-graphics-library
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gbg on Sun Dec 21 16:10:19 MST 2014

Quote: mc
Hi gdb,
Library is at http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/NXP_emWin524h_libraries.exe.
Please pick up M3 version of lib according to your tool.
BSP with 5.24 is not uploaded, but you can use 5.22 and integrate new lib with header files from lib package.

thanks but have error:

Page not found

The requested page could not be found.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Sun Dec 21 07:00:55 MST 2014
Hi gdb,
Library is at http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/NXP_emWin524h_libraries.exe.
Please pick up M3 version of lib according to your tool.
BSP with 5.24 is not uploaded, but you can use 5.22 and integrate new lib with header files from lib package.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gbg on Sat Dec 20 07:46:17 MST 2014
where i can download  emWin 5.24 library package for 1788?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Fri Sep 13 07:31:34 MST 2013
Hi embeddedstudy,
There is a linker script which place code,data(RW/Const),.bss at desired place in the memory.
We have done that in the BSP,therefore I suggest you to use example BSP for now.
You can always play with linker script later. We can help you on Movie clip.

Thanks,
MC
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capiman on Thu Sep 12 23:11:48 MST 2013
Don't understand me wrong:
Sharing project difficulties is a good thing!
Asking, if you don't make progress, is also a good thing!

But creating the same thread again is a no go for me,
because interesting parties as well as NXP (and same for you)
must now read, handle and answer both thread.
This also leads to duplicate answers, bigger effort
and less help for other users.

Perhaps sending a link to this thread here could be helpful.

BTW:
Your problem is not directly related to LPC1788,
it is a build problem, could happen on every supported controller.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Thu Sep 12 23:02:34 MST 2013
Thanks for your quick reply, i did the same thing i have started with a new project, deleted the old package from my PC and downloaded fresh form LPC ware emWin download page. I respect your suggestion, but equally i think by sharing project difficulties here i will be benefited two ways one i can learn from experts and second this same thread might help others in future.

But i agree that creating a new thread might not help me, but sorry my friend i already created one.

Thanks! 
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capiman on Thu Sep 12 22:41:23 MST 2013
In my opinion, there is no advantage to open a new thread.
You must try to solve this problem by your own.
If someone else is solving this problem for you,
next time you have the same problem again and again.
Create a new project, environment or whatever
and take the files which you meanwhile know that these are the right ones.
Perhaps you have a mixture and you are lost in sorting this mixture.
But keep the old environment, so in case, you can come back to this environment.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Thu Sep 12 22:36:52 MST 2013
Thanks Wouter, i have tried by replacing all GUI folder files, even i replaced config files. I have almost tried every possible thing i knew, but i think, going somewhere messy. Thought of starting a new thread in Graphic section to actually porting latest emWin5.22 with LPC1788 board, this could help me and others in feature.
I humbly request you to help me out in this regard, i am sorry for starting a new thread on a similar subject. 
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Thu Sep 12 03:43:18 MST 2013
Your image only shows your linking against "GUI.lib", but it contains no details which emWin version this GUI.lib is.

The movie support is introduced in emWin 5.22, so will need to link against the emWin 5.22 library.

Download the emWin 5.22 library package, and make sure you replace the old emWin header files in your project by the one from the "header" folder of the zip file. Remove the GUI.lib from your project, and instead add the one from the zip file (emWin522_library\uVision_4\emWin_522_Keil460_YOUR_ARCHITECTURE_LE.lib).
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Thu Sep 12 02:46:53 MST 2013
Hi Friends, as required i have attached all the require files, check image attached. This example c file i have downloaded from segger example page. I have modified to my requirement, i can play text animations properly. The only issue is playing a movie, i am getting a strange errors. Please checked attached image, you can see that the things what compiler claiming that undefined symbol...you can see that it is there in GUI.h. And even i have included it......i feeling like pulling my hairs...please help me!!

Please check the image attached, even you can see my file tree.

Errors are as follows:

compiling GUIConf.c...
compiling LCDConf.c...
linking...
.\Obj\OurBoard_emWin.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol GUI_MOVIE_Create (referred from video_animation.o).
.\Obj\OurBoard_emWin.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol GUI_MOVIE_Delete (referred from video_animation.o).
.\Obj\OurBoard_emWin.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol GUI_MOVIE_GetInfo (referred from video_animation.o).
.\Obj\OurBoard_emWin.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol GUI_MOVIE_GetPos (referred from video_animation.o).
.\Obj\OurBoard_emWin.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol GUI_MOVIE_Show (referred from video_animation.o).
Target not created
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Thu Sep 12 02:44:38 MST 2013
Hi studyembedded,

Just tried it in our EA1788 emWin 5.22 BSP, no linking issues there (except for not enough space error, which is logical due to the large movie file).
Considering your previous errors, it looks like your converting an existing project using an older emWin version to use emWin 5.22.

Considering the error you're now getting, you're still linking against the old emWin version. Make sure you link against the newest version. To be sure, remove the old library from the directory.

Regards,
Wouter
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Thu Sep 12 00:28:01 MST 2013
Thanks capiman....thanks for your valuable advice...i will try it. I will post result here...thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capiman on Thu Sep 12 00:25:35 MST 2013
So again, search for "GUI_MOVIE_Create" in all your source and header file.
Search via Google, perhaps you get hints.
If this (function?) is not there, perhaps it is in a library,
so perhaps you need to link an additional library?
I have not used emWin before, so this is just general basic knowledge
how to get things running...

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Thu Sep 12 00:18:48 MST 2013
Thanks for your suggestion capiman, i appreciate your efforts...yes i already did it. I have manage to reduce some of the errors...now the errors are as follows:

compiling BSP.c...
linking...
.\Obj\OurBoard_emWin.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol GUI_MOVIE_Create (referred from video_animation.o).
.\Obj\OurBoard_emWin.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol GUI_MOVIE_Delete (referred from video_animation.o).
.\Obj\OurBoard_emWin.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol GUI_MOVIE_GetInfo (referred from video_animation.o).
.\Obj\OurBoard_emWin.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol GUI_MOVIE_GetPos (referred from video_animation.o).
.\Obj\OurBoard_emWin.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol GUI_MOVIE_Show (referred from video_animation.o).
Target not created

i am really confused ...please guide me!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capiman on Wed Sep 11 23:53:23 MST 2013
Hello,
"GUI_MOVIE_NOTIFICATION_PREDRAW" is defined in
NXP_emWin522_libraries\emWin522_header\gui.h
so i assume you must include header file(s) in your c file?
Best regards,
Martin
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Wed Sep 11 23:44:10 MST 2013
Please somebody help me in this regards, i am using emWin 5.22 ..the latest one! still getting these errors ...please help me!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by studyembedded on Wed Sep 11 02:50:53 MST 2013
Thanks guy's you have already started on this topic. I have downloaded file MOVIE_ShowFeatures.c from the following link, and tried to compile the project using KEIL. I am getting errors as follows. Please guide me...thanks

http://www.segger.com/cms/admin/uploads/userfiles/file/emWin/samples/src/MOVIE_ShowFeatures.c

But my surprise i am getting following errors:

compiling images.c...
User_Application\images.c(19582): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_NOTIFICATION_PREDRAW" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19585): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_NOTIFICATION_POSTDRAW" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19588): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_NOTIFICATION_START" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19591): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_NOTIFICATION_STOP" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19605): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_HANDLE" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19606): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_INFO" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19611): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_GetInfo" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19614): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_Create" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19618): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_Show" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19623): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_Delete" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19633): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_HANDLE" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19634): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_HANDLE" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19636): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_Create" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19640): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_Show" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19641): warning:  #1166-D: returning pointer to local variable
User_Application\images.c(19657): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_NOTIFICATION_PREDRAW" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19665): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_NOTIFICATION_POSTDRAW" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19679): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_NOTIFICATION_START" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19684): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_GetPos" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19691): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_NOTIFICATION_STOP" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19710): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_HANDLE" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19711): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_HANDLE" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19713): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_Create" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19717): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_Show" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19718): warning:  #1166-D: returning pointer to local variable
User_Application\images.c(19745): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_HANDLE" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19746): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_HANDLE" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19747): error:  #20: identifier "GUI_MOVIE_HANDLE" is undefined
User_Application\images.c(19782): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_Pause" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19788): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_SetPos" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19789): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_Play" declared implicitly
User_Application\images.c(19797): warning:  #223-D: function "GUI_MOVIE_Delete" declared implicitly

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Thu Aug 15 03:21:03 MST 2013
Hi e135193,

It seems the BASIC_ShowMovies.c is not provided in the emWin source code, but luckily there are two examples on playing movies to be found on the Segger emWin website:
http://www.segger.com/emwin-samples.html

Regards,
Wouter
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by e135193 on Thu Aug 15 02:59:42 MST 2013
Hello Wouter

With the new release emWin can handle playing movie files. in the document of emWin, it mentions an example file "BASIC_ShowMovies.c" but there is no such file in the BSP files.

In addition, will there be an example or application which represents/shows how to play movie files ?

Regards

e135193
0 Kudos