cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDT reset WDRESET

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by alubeiro on Thu Dec 04 03:27:37 MST 2014
Hi guys,

I'm working with LPC1227.
I want the watchdog to cause a reset so I am setting WDRESET = 1. As the datasheet says, with WDRESET  = 0 a watchdog time-out will cause an interrupt and with WDRESET = 1 a watchdog timeout will cause a chip reset.
Ok, so in my code i have put a while(1), to force the WDT to reset. The fact is, that when i run the code while I'm debugging, the WDT does force the reset but when I run the code with the debugger disconnected the code enters into WDT interruption.

Though i have solved the problem forcing a reset into WDT interrupt i would like to do as it should be done.

Can anybody help me? I have no idea why is this happening.

Thanks and regards

Alberto
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by alubeiro on Thu Dec 04 04:29:06 MST 2014
Im dont want to be debugging while the WDT forces a reset. What i mean is that, when I am debugging and time goes out, the WDT forces a reset, but without debugging, it enters into WDT interruption.
So it's behavior is not the same depending if i am debugging or not. in one case the part reset and in other case it doesn't
Why is this?

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Dec 04 03:47:50 MST 2014
The debugger disables the WDT. If it did not disable, the part would reset and you would not be able to debug.
0 Kudos