cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso LPC1200 with Keil & ULINK2

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackiechau on Tue Oct 08 19:27:45 MST 2013
I have followed http://www.keil.com/support/docs/2747.htm and selected correct programming algorithm as LPC11XX but "cannot load flash programming algorithm" & "cannot  Write to RAM for Flash Algorithms" are still shown after I clicked the debug button.

Please kindly advise.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackiechau on Wed Oct 23 18:01:50 MST 2013
After I download your demo code and run it in another computer with clean OS, I can debug LPCExpresso. Thanks for your support.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tha on Wed Oct 23 10:46:55 MST 2013
At this point, there is not much we can do.  You have already prove the LPC12xx is alive because you can talk to it with the LPC-Link.  By extension, this also prove the SWD is working properly on the LPC12xx.  This now implies there is an issue with the Ulink itself.  You may want to contact Keil to see about getting another Ulink for testing.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackiechau on Tue Oct 22 01:20:46 MST 2013
I really stuck here, do you have any other suggestions?
Also, does your side have any LPC1227 and LPC1224 demo code?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tha on Mon Oct 21 14:05:03 MST 2013
As long as the value @ 0x2FC is not one of the CRP value shown in the UM (20.6), then that means the CRP is not set.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackiechau on Mon Oct 21 02:58:06 MST 2013
I read the memory content at 0x2FC by LPC-Link and the value is 0x00F02CF9, what does it mean? It's not the same as one of the code read protection options, please kindly advise.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tha on Thu Oct 17 17:34:36 MST 2013
If CRP is set, then SWD will be disabled.  Refer to UM 20.6.

UART0 will be used for ISP, P0.1 and P0.2.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Wed Oct 16 06:26:42 MST 2013
Hi,
Change Size allocated to RAM algorithm from 0x0800 to 0x0A00 and see if it works.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackiechau on Wed Oct 16 02:22:01 MST 2013

Quote: tha

Quote:
However when I did that and tried to download program into LPCXPRESSO

I'm assuming you mean you are trying to use Keil to download the code into the Xpresso board, not using LPCXpresso IDE to download code to the Xpresso board.

At this point, the last thing we can check is if the LPC1227 is alive.  For this, put the device into ISP mode.  Try to communicate with the device through FlashMagic or from any terminal program.

Yes, I use Keil to download code into Xpresso board and which GPIO/UART is used for ISP?
Another question is code read protection is invoked such that Ulink2 can't access the flash?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tha on Tue Oct 15 22:43:52 MST 2013

Quote:
However when I did that and tried to download program into LPCXPRESSO

I'm assuming you mean you are trying to use Keil to download the code into the Xpresso board, not using LPCXpresso IDE to download code to the Xpresso board.

At this point, the last thing we can check is if the LPC1227 is alive.  For this, put the device into ISP mode.  Try to communicate with the device through FlashMagic or from any terminal program.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackiechau on Tue Oct 15 01:34:09 MST 2013

Quote: tha
On J4 (this is where the LPC-Link meets the Xpresso board), there are solder bumps that can be unsoldered.  Once those bumps are unsolder, the two boards will be physically disconnected from each other.  Do not unsolder J4.1 and J4.2.  This is the 3.3V that is going to the Xpresso board.  By keeping these two pins connected, you can still power the board using USB.

Refer to the schematic to see which pins are VDD and the SWD connection (page 4).

http://www.embeddedartists.com/sites/default/files/docs/schematics/LPCXpressoLPC1200revB.pdf

Should I need to unsolder R23, R24, R25, R26, R28 & R30 rather than those bumps excluding J4.1 & J4.2 because unsoldering those bumps, the external Jtag header is also disconnected to LPC1227, right?

However when I did that and tried to download program into LPCXPRESSO, "cannot load Flash programming algorithm" was still shown. Please kindly advise.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tha on Thu Oct 10 19:23:49 MST 2013
On J4 (this is where the LPC-Link meets the Xpresso board), there are solder bumps that can be unsoldered.  Once those bumps are unsolder, the two boards will be physically disconnected from each other.  Do not unsolder J4.1 and J4.2.  This is the 3.3V that is going to the Xpresso board.  By keeping these two pins connected, you can still power the board using USB.

Refer to the schematic to see which pins are VDD and the SWD connection (page 4).

http://www.embeddedartists.com/sites/default/files/docs/schematics/LPCXpressoLPC1200revB.pdf

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackiechau on Thu Oct 10 18:50:25 MST 2013
May be, please advise how to disconnect LPC-link from LPC1227 because the board is powered from USB port. My board version is LPC1200 REV B.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tha on Thu Oct 10 15:02:33 MST 2013
Just a quick hardware check here.  Since you are using the LPC1200 Xpresso board, is the LPC-Link portion physically disconnected from the LPC1227?  If the LPC-Link is connected and you are powering the board from the USB port, the ULink may have issue connecting to the LPC1227.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jackiechau on Wed Oct 09 18:02:39 MST 2013
My setting is exactly the same as yours but there's still an error, please see my attachments.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tha on Wed Oct 09 17:12:35 MST 2013
Under Keil, make sure the RAM for Algorithm values is set correctly.  Attached is the setting used to successfully flash the Blinky program onto the LPC1200 LPCXpresso board.
0 Kudos