Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search path to header files LPCXpresso

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Duije on Fri Feb 22 02:49:43 MST 2013
Hi I'm new to the LPCXpresso and installed it yesterday.

Included Code Red example code does not even run because *.h files could not be found.

I assume I have to specify the search path somewhere in LPCXpresso.

Could somebody give me a hint.

(maybe important too are:)

I didn't install in c:\NXP\... but in C:\user\accountname\programs\NXP\... because I don't have full rights for the root.
(There are no spaces or special characters in this path)

or

I don't get the idea of the workspace scope. (I have set my workspace to the folder containing all examples for my controller LPC13xx and manually found the include files in the subfolder CMSISv2p00_LPC13xx\inc. But LPCXpresso doesn't find them there.)

I hope someone can help me getting started.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Duije on Fri Feb 22 03:33:31 MST 2013
Wouter,

Thanks!

Blinky could be compiled and is up and running on my hardware now.

Duije
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Fri Feb 22 03:05:48 MST 2013
Hi Duije,

Good to hear you installed LPCXpresso!
You may want to check out the introduction videos at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB64F76B605AABE42 to find your way in LPCXpresso.

Regarding your problem:
You probably forgot to add the CMSIS project. This project contains all core and device related source code and header files.
Your workspace can reside at any location and does not have to be where the examples are.
In a clean workspace, use the import function and import .\nxp\LPCXpresso_5.1.0_2048\lpcxpresso\Examples\NXP\LPC1000\LPC13xx\examples.lpc13xx.new.zip. Next, select the examples you want to try out (e.g. "blinky"), and the CMSIS project.
Your workspace now contains the example project and the CMSIS project. Select the example project, and hit "debug". Both the CMSIS and the example project will now be compiled, and loaded into your board.

Good luck!

Regards,
Wouter
0 Kudos