lpcware

CDL within nxpUSBlib uses LPC17xx includes when project configured for LPC13xx?

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by danderson@ivl.com on Thu Oct 25 16:17:05 MST 2012
Hi,

I'm a newb to Eclipse and NXP, so hopefully this is not totally stupid question:

I'm building a USB-MIDI device using the LPC1343.  I've started by copying nxpUSBlib v0.93 into a workspace and I'm modifying the Mass Storage example project since it already has a LPC13xx configuration.  I modified the descriptors and USB handler function pointers and everything builds, so far so good.

Problem when comes when I want to start adding driver for other peripherals.  It seems like when the CDL LPC13xx configuration is active, it is using a bunch of LPC17xx includes, which is confusing.  Is this because the lpc13xx and 17xx are architecturally close enough that they can share a lot of code?

Trying to follow the lead of what was active in the LPC13xx configuration of the CDL project, I tried including "debug_frmwrk.h" from ..\CDL\LPC17xxLib\inc but that leads to the project wanting LPC17xx.h etc.  I get the feeling I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

The peripherals I want to use drivers for on the LPC13xx are UART, SPI and GPIO.  Help?

Outcomes