lpcware

FatFs in LPC1343 LPCXpresso

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by FernandoR on Wed Mar 12 06:15:46 MST 2014
Hey guys,

I'm a newbie in microcontroller's stuff, but lately I've been studing and developping for LPC1343 and now I have the need of storing data in a NOR Flash memory, so I did a research of how could I store this data, and what API's are available and I found the FatFs library, which proposes to abstract the hard part of the job, what seems perfect for my needs.

In the website http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html there's a example of how to use it in LPC1788 but It's too long and I wish there was a simple one, just showing how to create, open, read and write files.

I have no Ideia how would be the basic implementation of this API and what I need to do to make it work.
I know it looks a little leech from me,  to hope you give me a code sample, but I'm trying by myself since yesterday and I couldn't do anything til now.

So, a resume of my doubt is : "Whats the basic implementation of the API to make me able to create, read, write files? And what functions I must provide to the API works with my NOR Flash?"

I really do appreciate your help!!

Best Regards,
Fernando Augusto Rebêllo
Computer Science student - Univali

Outcomes