cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1347 DFU example and questions

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tridentsx on Thu Jan 24 13:20:51 MST 2013

Is it possible to boot an LPC1347 from the ROM into a DFU mode ? Or do I have to write my own s/w that uses the ROM functions to provide DFU functionality ?

Are there any code examples available for DFU mode on the LPC1347 device ?

If I have to have a user application to initiate the DFU mode then I have to program the device at least once using jtag, I also have to do some bank switching or something so I dont write over my DFU code when updating f/w over DFU?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Mon Feb 04 02:28:37 MST 2013
Hi,

The LPC1347's bootloader does not support DFU, but it is able to mount the flash memory space as a MSC USB device (see chapter 21.4 of the user manual).

If you really require the DFU class, you'll have to write your own secondary bootloader. I don't know any example for the LPC1347, but here is one for the LPC1700: http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/an10866-lpc1700-secondary-usb-bootloader
Though in this app note also the MSC class is used, the basics for a secondary bootloader are all the same, and this app note should help get you started.

Regards,
Wouter
0 Kudos