Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HID USB Problem

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nasib on Wed Dec 19 12:28:08 MST 2012
Hi all!
I am testing the keyboard code in my lpcxpresso11u14, and i have some questions.

1) when i connect the board in the PC  through the J8 connector, the computer doesn't recognize the board. But when i connect it through the programming connector (J3) there isn't any problem.

2) When i run the keyboard code in the board, and i connect it to the PC (through the J3) it recognize the lpcxpresso like a HID Device (all OK). But when i disconnect it and connect it again, the computer recognize it like a DFU Device, and i can't communicate with it like a HID Device.

Why it could be happened ?

Thank you so much ( and sorry for my English).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nasib on Thu Dec 20 13:47:34 MST 2012
thanks for your replies !

And why do you thing that it's happening 2)?

In the other hand, this morning i've jumped the LPC11U14 with the J8, and it's been powered, but when i connect the board through the J8, the PC isn't already recognize it. 
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Thu Dec 20 12:42:57 MST 2012
The debugger that you access through J3 is a HID device, so you will see this in the device manager on your PC.

The USB port on the LPC11U14 is connected to J8 on the LPCXpresso board. This is where you should see your keyboard device.

If you are only connecting J8 to the PC host, and not J3, your board is not going to be powered. This is probably why you are not seeing anything on J8.

To power that board over J8 you will need to populate the zero ohm resister on SJ1.
0 Kudos