cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a Coldfire 5223x CPU to a network over WLAN

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I
Hello,

I'm currently working on a small project based on the Coldfire 52233 DEMO board.
It is based on APP Note AN3518 and what it actually does is download METAR data from the NOAA web site, interpret the data and display it on a 4x20 LCD display.
Although the project isn't finished yet, it does work fine so far.

One of the things I want to do is get rid of the wired network connection, so I can put the device anywhere in the room when it is finished.

Is there anyone out there who has ever connected this CPU to a wireless LAN? Is there a device (module) available that I can use for this purpose?

Thanks in advance,
- Marc
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

MarcVDH
Contributor I
Thanks for your reply.
Actually I was thingking of a device (module) that can make a link between a wired and a wireless network, more like an "adapter", but I don't know if such a device exists.
This would have the advantage that I can keep using the existing network enabled software that runs on my Coldfire device.
0 Kudos

ShenLi
Contributor I
Marc, I never done this , but as my opinion, you may try SPI interface wifi module, there is a lot of SPI wifi module, just google it. And I think to port the wifi module driver will be a huge task.

B.R
ShenLi
0 Kudos