cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Bulk Transfer type for nxpUSBlib

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Aditya Mittal on Wed Apr 01 21:58:52 MST 2015
Hello,
  I am new to USB programming and would like to have some help regarding the Bulk Transfer Mode supported in nxpUSBlib for LPC1788. I am using Evaluation board developed by Embedded Artists.
I want to use USB communication on both ends at Device and Host, and would require bulk transfer mode. It would be great if some one can share the sample code or guide me how to actually use this library so as to enable this type of communication option.
Thanks in Advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Aditya Mittal on Wed Apr 08 10:12:56 MST 2015
Hello,
  I have downloaded drivers from following link:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcxpresso-link2-usb-driver-package

But these drivers are not installing on Win XP machine, but are getting installed on Win 7 PC. When I checked the INF file from WIN 7 after installation, I could not find any section for Windows 7, so I am not sure if these drivers are sufficient for windows 7.
Attached is the INF file (renamed as TXT) for reference.
Can you please let me know the reasons why these drivers are not installed on Windows XP?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Aditya Mittal on Wed Apr 08 01:58:37 MST 2015
Hello,
  Apologies for trouble, but are you referring to same 'drivers' that are used to get the device detected on Windows Machine (I believe it is some INF file that is required).
The current condition of my device is, when I connect it to Windows PC via USB, it gives the message, VCOM device detected, please install drivers for this device to work correctly.
Do you mean to say that the Windows INF file is present in the package, or do I have to download it from somewhere? I guess it should be provided by NXP by making it available for somewhere to download from.
Just for your reference we are using USB CDC class at our device end.
Please let me know if I am right?
Regards
Aditya
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Tue Apr 07 18:08:21 MST 2015
Hi Aditya,
Second last column of the tables in below page points to drivers.
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc40xx-packages
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Aditya Mittal on Mon Apr 06 02:45:55 MST 2015
I have downloaded the entire package from (for EA board using Keil toolchain)
"http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc17xx-packages"

After extracting its contents, on browsing to following path: C:\NXP\lpcopen_2_10_keil_iar_ea_devkit_1788\applications\lpc17xx_40xx\examples\usbd_lib\usbd_lib_cdc

On opening the file "readme.txt" it says 'When connected to Windows host use the .inf included in the project directory to install the driver'
But there is no INF file in the package, when I searched for it.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Aditya Mittal on Sun Apr 05 23:18:41 MST 2015
Hello,
  To start off with I am planning to move ahead with USB CDC class for Virtual com. I have taken reference from the sample codes available.
I can now run my program, and when I plug in my device to Windows (XP and Win7) machine, it detects as VCOM device, however it asks for the installation of drivers. I know a little bit that I am required either to generate/modify/install the INF file for this device to work properly, but I am not able to understand how to do that. I have taken the sample INF file already available with example codes (attached for reference, changed the extension of the file from INF to TXT), but I don't know exactly how to use it.
Do I require some kind of patch to install this file or do I need to keep this file in WINDOWS folder at some particular location?
I also tried to manually navigate and browse to the path where I kept this file when windows asks to manually install the driver, but still the same results.
Can any one help me out with this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Aditya
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by embd02161991 on Thu Apr 02 11:54:50 MST 2015
Hi Aditya,

To get started you can find USB examples in LPCOpen : http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc17xx-packages

Thanks,
NXP Technical Support
0 Kudos