Can LPC1837 ROM API handle two USB device instances?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LPC1837 ROM API handle two USB device instances?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by busby on Tue Feb 10 05:52:27 MST 2015
For a long while, I have successfully used the USB device driver of the LPC1837 ROM to support a composite USB Audio 1.0/2.0 + HID device via my custom extensions.  Depending on the initialisation parameters, I can use either the USB 0 or USB 1 peripheral.

I now have a requirement to support USB device operation simultaneously on USB 0 AND USB 1 - i.e. two USB device instances.  Is it possible for the USB ROM driver to handle multiple instances?  If so, is it simply a case of calling "USBD_API->hw->Init" twice, passing it the appropriate parameters for each instance, then using the returned USBD_HANDLE_T for further access to each instance?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Chris
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Richard Chen on Thu Apr 16 10:10:20 MST 2015
Busby, is your device a HS device? Which evaluation board will you recommend if I want to use LPC4357 to implement a HS composite device like what you did?

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by chris_bayley_trimble on Wed Apr 15 16:45:59 MST 2015
Got it: 

USBD_API_INIT_PARAM_T::mem_base must be 2048 byte aligned.

: )
C
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by chris_bayley_trimble on Wed Apr 15 15:02:54 MST 2015
How are you going with this endeavour ?

I am attempting exactly the same thing and have code configured to initialise an instance of USBD on both USB0 and USB1 using different handles,memory etc.
Either instance works fine without the other initialised but when hw->init is called on both then only the first initiialised port is functional. (doesn't matter which)

Thoughts anyone ?

Cheers,
Chris

0 Kudos