Anyone with spare HC908JB8?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with spare HC908JB8?

RoGuE_StreaK
Contributor I
Hi all, I'm rather new to the whole TBDML thing (and Freescale for that matter), so excuse my ignorance.  Just wondering if anyone has a spare MC68HC908JB8 they are willing to sell me (within reason), as I can't seem to locate one for under about $20.  Usually I can find free sample of chips on the freescale site, but not this one, and though it is cheap to buy, there's a $17 shipping fee on it.
If it happens to be pre-programmed that would be even better... (though I do intend getting the MAX232 section operational eventually)

Also, just to clarify; I've been using PIC micros, programming them with ICSP (In Circuit Serial Programming) using a cheap PG2C programmer; I assume from what I've read that BDM is similar to the ICSP method?

Thanks
Lee
Brisbane, Australia
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Witztronics
Contributor IV
The BDM used with Freescale's Codewarrior tools allows for more than just in-circuit programming, it also works as a background debugger.  

You can do these things and more:
Internal flash memory programming
Read/write registers
Read/write memory locations
Run/stop/reset
Single step
Step into
Step over
Step out
Breakpoint/watchpoint control
Conditional breakpoints
Trace

We don't sell a pre-programmed JB8, but we do sell a WTBDMS12 based on the TBDML using the JB16.
http://witztronics.com/product_info.php?products_id=42
0 Kudos

RoGuE_StreaK
Contributor I
I actually looked at purchasing your WTBDMS12, but the $26 shipping kind of put a dampener on that (I emailed you about it the other week).
0 Kudos

Witztronics
Contributor IV
We added a new lower cost International shipping method.

You should check it out.
0 Kudos

RoGuE_StreaK
Contributor I
Thanks for that, I'm currently borrowing a friend's programmer for the short term, when they want it back I'll buy one of yours.
0 Kudos