cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Virtual Serial Device

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mshrestha789 on Mon May 19 01:08:12 MST 2014
Hello friends,

I am using nxpUSBLib to make virtual serial device. I am using LPC4370 microcontroller. I've followed example code of nxpUSBlib for this purpose. During compilation it doesn't show any error however when I run the program, in PC, it first shows "installing device driver", then it shows "Device driver software was not successfully installed". I've tried to debug this program, but no success. So please help me regarding this.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Fri May 23 14:30:50 MST 2014
The device mode drivers in nxpUSBLib are no longer supported. I suggest you get the latest version of LPCOpen Platform for the LPC4370 (http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc43xx-packages) and try either the cdc_uart or cdc_vcom example. The cdc_vcom example is a simple loopback so that should be the easiest one to test.

These examples have certified Windows drivers (.inf and .cat) that go with them. They are located in the right-most column of the table that holds the releases.
0 Kudos