lpcware

First stage loader using USB for loading initial code into device

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pra18 on Mon Jan 18 22:37:43 MST 2016
Hi,

1.I have a existing lpc43xx custom  device that makes use of UART for loading of initial code into the device.

I  need to find if this can be changed by USB instead. I see that the LPC43xx User manual mentions USB Boot mode only by DFU and not CDC. Does this mean there is a tool that runs on Host and should have  a DFU class implemented in it and I need not consider to support DFU class on my device as well? Any DFU tool that exists to load initial code into the device like a 1st stage loader ?  If I need this replace this with USB should I implement a DFU class in addition or a CDC class would very well handle it , what are the choices that exist now?

I have already created USB CDC class support on this device and it is up and running now.

There is already a 1st stage loader in existing device but it sends the image with header via UART at the moment and can this be modified by a USB CDC and can the functionality still work intact or do I need some sort of a DFU class.

or

Do we have any NXP tool or App note for this so I can use and integrate it into by PC Based Application directly as a plug in ( DFUSEc or ???)

Thanks,

Outcomes